Shawn & Ed Brewing Company is seeking a skilled, enthusiastic and hardworking craft beer lover to join our growing team in the brewhouse in a Cellar Hand capacity. The primary focus of this position, but not exclusively, is providing support to our brewing team through various cellaring, packaging and brewing activities. The position is task driven and needs an individual who is able to multi-task and deal with the production team, hospitality team, suppliers and the customer. This role will touch all areas of the brewhouse as well as aging (including barrel aging), cellaring, inventory, packaging, etc.
A chance to be part of a dynamic team:
Shawn & Ed Brewing Company is a new brewery with a big capacity and even bigger ideas. We brew tasty beers that are well-crafted with quality ingredients which are easy-drinking and very sessionable. Our brewery is located in beautiful Dundas, Ontario in a historic curling and skating rink. Our building may be old but we are a passionate crew with a vision for innovation.
- Quality assurance above all
- Assisting quality manager with sampling and testing
- Assisting brewing team with brewing related issues, projects
- Work within and help improve the parameters set by our Standard Operating Procedures
- Troubleshooting equipment problems within the brewhouse
- Beer transfers – tank/barrel cleaning & prep beers for packaging
- DE filtration of beers
- Cleaning, sanitation and maintenance of brewhouse equipment and cellars
- Assisting other team members as needed
- Sanitizing of tanks, filter equipment, hoses, etc…
- Proper handling of chemicals required for cleaning and sanitization of equipment
- Understanding and practicing all internal safety standards
- Be an everyday ambassador for our delicious beer
Experience & Requirements
- Passion for all things Craft Beer with a focus on the local community
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Good trouble shooting skills, and strong mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team, with minimal supervision
- Experience handling chemicals with an emphasis on cleaning and sanitizing protocols
- Experience in a production environment preferred; experience with brewing an asset.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motions for extended periods of time
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50-100 pounds
- Understanding of the craft beer lifestyle
At Shawn & Ed Brewing Co. we hold ourselves to the highest standards in our passion for beer, customer service and quality of our product. If you feel like you are the right match for this position, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. In the subject please note the position that you are applying for.