Location: Jordan and/or Dundas, ON
Industry: Winery and Brewery
Who We Are:
Flat Rock Cellars is one of Niagara’s state-of-the-art wineries specializing in delivering great experience to all its customers. We pride ourselves in working in a fast paced, dynamic and fun environment. Our focus is on making great wine; our passion is enjoying doing it.
Shawn & Ed Brewing Co. is a start-of-the-art craft brewery in the heart of Dundas, Ontario. Creating amazing beers and offering a fun atmosphere we work hard and love what we do.
We are seeking a bookkeeper with administrative skills to support the management of the growing business. The candidate will bring strong organizational and communication skills along with a bookkeeping background to the position. A pro-active approach, sense of urgency and the ability to anticipate the needs of management are critical to the success of the job. A high degree of professionalism and business savvy is also important for this growing company.
- Organization, filing and distribution of financial statements, quarterly reports, payroll, legal files, etc.
- Bookkeeping with matching, coding, paying invoices
- Manage payroll including set-up and payment of all employees
- Set-up and manage all direct deposits
- Pay monthly deductions, bills and invoices
- Receive and deposit all funds
- Provide reports and budgets
- Assist with budget preparations
- Prepare, proofread and format internal and external correspondence, presentations and reports
- Office management including the ordering of office supplies and coordination with external support providers for telephone and computer systems Maintain confidential human resource files
- Organization, filing and distribution of financial accounts, minute books and transactions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, pro-active team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, fluent in English
- Proficient use of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Proficient in the use of Sage 50
- Minimum 2years previous experience
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong judgment and discretion in handling confidential information;
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Demonstrates attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy in work
- Must be adaptable and flexible in order to meet changing demands and deadlines
If this opportunity matches your interest and skill profile, applications can be emailed to: email@example.com
Please provide a brief cover letter, with your resume, that outlines why you want to be considered for this position.
We thank all who have submitted applications for this position, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Office Location: Dundas, Ontario.
Type: Full Time
Hamilton/GTHA Licensee Sales Rep
Handles Licensee sales for Shawn & Ed Brewing Company brewery in Dundas, Ontario.
Reports to Director of Sales and Marketing
A chance to be part of a dynamic team:
Shawn & Ed Brewing Company is a new brewery with a big capacity and even bigger ideas. We brew tasty beers that are well-crafted with quality ingredients which are easy-drinking and very sessionable. Our brewery is located in beautiful Dundas, Ontario in a historic curling and skating rink. Our building may be old but we are a passionate crew with a vision for innovation.
You must have:
– Experience selling beverage alcohol; preferably beer
– A go-getting, self-starting road warrior with an interest in beer
– Be organized, energetic and enthusiastic
– Excellent communication skills and technologically savvy
– Goal-oriented, deadline-sensitive; great task management
– The ability to work within a close-knit team with a positive can-do attitude
You will need:
– To live in the region
– Previous work experience with licensees
– To be able to work some evenings and weekends
– SmartServe Certification
– A vehicle and driver’s licence
- Expand licensee listings
- Maintain current roster of accounts with goal to grow and maximize sales
- Help develop licensee promotion and events
- Some deliveries and line cleaning may be required
- Events and promotions: beer festivals and licensee tastings
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 11th.
Combine your passion for fresh beer with your taste for adventure and check out the True Brew Path in the Heart of Ontario. You’ll see how craft beer is becoming a big part of our red-hot, culinary scene and be amazed at the loads of fun things to do as you move along the Path to taste the coolest artisanal beers of six independent breweries.
Enjoy a little sipping with your sightseeing? You’re in luck. The True Brew Path gives you the opportunity to discover trails, brewers, and shopping in Milton, the many meanings of ‘flight’ in Oakville, Burlington’s best bets, flights, paddles, and hops in Brantford, and taste your way around Hamilton/Dundas.
For more intormation click here.
Studebaker ½ ton pickup truck, Model 2R5 – Serial Number HR5-1275
Studebaker is the only car company to ever manufacture vehicles in Hamilton. In 1946, Studebaker of Canada Ltd. acquired the 7 ½ acre anti-aircraft gun factory located on Victoria Avenue North, and converted it into a car and light truck production facility. The first Hamilton-made Studebaker’s rolled of the Victoria Avenue assembly line in August of 1948, and the plant produced its last vehicle March 16, 1966.
Studebaker produced its Canadian market 2R5 pick-up truck in Hamilton from 1949-1953. It was the first truck ever produced in North America without exposed running boards and with a double sided pickup bed that was smooth on both the inside and outside. Over its 5-year production run in Hamilton, Studebaker produced a total of 6,602 2R5 trucks, of which few survive today.
Our 1949 Studebaker 2R5 was delivered new to a barley farmer outside Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. It originally had red paint, some of which can still be seen inside the cab area. It is a one-family owned example that spent its entire life working on a barley farm producing malts for the beer industry.
We are happy to bring our Studebaker back to her birthplace in Hamilton, and look forward to preserving another piece of Hamilton heritage, and extending her life in the beer industry as a part of the Shawn & Ed Brewing Company Team!